[Vrstream] cards reformatting

Alan Paganelli alanandsuzanne at earthlink.net
Wed May 26 10:53:42 EDT 2010

Humanware says when you get a new SD HC card to format it first in the
Stream as the utility can format HC (high capacity) SD cards.  Not all
computers can.  If your computer is older then 3 or 4 years, it may not have
that capability and thus cannot format the card to the HC standard.

I assumed the card I was using was formatted properly from the factory.  In
my stream, it was reporting I had 12 GB free which was a good trick seeing
as how it was an 8 GB card.  After formatting with the utility in the Stream
it worked fine.  It was an ATP 8 GB SD-HC card.

My Asus netbook has a built in SD HC reader/writer and the manual says it
can format SD-HC cards and warns that older computers cannot properly HC
cards so, that's what Humanware told me and the manufacturer of my less then
a year old netbook computer.  Hope it helps some one.  I don't assume new
cards are formatted properly before use any more.

Alan

Please click on: http://www.home.earthlink.net/~alanandsuzanne/
There, you'll find files of my arrangements and performances played on
the Yamaha Tyros keyboard.  I often add files so check back regularly!

The albums in Technics  format formerly on my website are still
available upon request.