[Vrstream] Stability of Stream

Scott Duck carmonduck at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 13:08:13 EDT 2012

Hi,
The name of the book that caused it to lock up is "Decision Points", by
"George W Bush".  This book acts strangely on other Daisy players also.  I
had a BookSense (I traded it for the Stream) and this book caused the
BookSense to repeat sections for no apparent reason and it did not navigate
correctly in the book.  When I open the book with FS reader, it will not
navigate by page.  As I said, it crashed the Stream, but not immediately on
opening the book.  The first time, I had set a couple bookmarks and I was in
the bookmark list when it locked up.  The second time, I was just
navigating, I pressed the 6 key to go to the next page, and it just froze.
The stream appears to be operating perfectly in every way in all other
books.  Over all, I have found the Stream to be very stable.  As I have
indicated, I had my first Stream for over three years and never had to reset
it.  Having the unit lock up is so unusual that I thought that I would check
with the list just to see what experiences that others have had.  I don't
think that I have a problem with the Stream, I think that this book has some
faulty Daisy coding or something.  If anyone else tries this book, please
let me know how it goes.
Thanks,
Scott Duck